sliced bread #2

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

Sunday, November 07, 2004

declarations and assessments...

--------------------


it's unbelievable how much that actually helped... just putting all that on a page and reading it... i can't even describe the feeling of a weight being lifted... i'm hopeful now as to what kind of emotional vehicle this journal will be... it was originally prompted by a need to vent and purge about one particular situation... now my goal is to make it more of a true reflection of my entire being...



so this prompts me to make a few statements about myself and reflect on where i am in my life...


i'm 22... i'm 3 months into law school...

that in itself should've given me pause to think...

what was i doing involved in this madness when i've got so much to live for?


not that school itself has been a bed of roses either...
but despite my inherent idealism, i'm also very much a pragmatist...
i knew what law school was and what it wasn't even before i started...
i've just gotten more confirmation over the past few months...


i like what i'm learning, generally speaking... it's challenging and it makes me feel "involved" in some sense... i've got so much that i want to do when i'm done all this... my mind races with the possibilities whenever i stop to think and reflect on it...

which is probably why i feel that this semester is dragging in a certain sense... i want to get on with the rest of "it"... life, i mean... foundation courses are great, but i want to do more with school and make my education my own...

soon, i hope... but not soon enough, i think...



*sigh*


i've got an amazing circle of friends... i can't say that enough...

i sent an e-mail during thanksgiving to tell them how much i appreciate them so... and it still doesn't feel like i've said it all...

i wish nothing but the best for all my friends... it brings me infinite joy to share in their victories and successes...

during this whole dramatic episode, it's really opened my eyes to how lucky i truly am... having come out just in the past year and told my friends about being bi, i was anxious about what it would mean for my relationships... it's been nothing short of amazing to have had ppl's unconditional love and support... whenever i've felt melancholy or upset in recent days, i've been comforted in knowing that the friends i have are truly the best that anyone could hope for...





in most respects, my life is truly blessed...

i'm ashamed to think that i lose perspective when i get involved emotionally w/ someone... a friend once said that significant others are supposed to be the people who become part of your life, not become your life...

but really, i've got no shortage of things to be grateful for...


a wonderful group of friends...
a loving family...
a great life and future ahead...



what more can one really ask?




--------------------



Current mood: accomplished
Current music: Lenny Kravitz -- Fly Away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home