sliced bread #2

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

fin

--------------------

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life


this blog has grown from a personal ranting outlet to a political and philosophical soapbox -- and everything in between -- over the past 2 years i've maintained it... i've rambled about things both mundane and sublime and chronicled many significant events of my life during this period for the random visitors -- however many or few there have been -- who have stumbled on this site... alas, in recent months, i've had less time to compose original thoughts and relied too heavily on other people's commentary to fill its content, without really engaging the referenced material critically... it's a product both of my laziness and the sense (resignation?) that there's been little to distinguish my voice from the cacophony of the blogosphere... perhaps it's also because the premise on which this blog was built is no longer relevant to my current perspective and life situation...

all this is to say that sliced bread is officially toast...



however, i've laid the foundation for a new home for my online ramblings... as i enter my final year of law school and, soon thereafter, the next phase of my personal and professional life, this new forum is being designed as a different creative outlet with a broader perspective... the intent is to have it house some of my better articulated and/or more developed ideas and more relevant commentary on issues that "matter"... while i still intend to tackle a wide range of subjects, i'm also hoping that i'll be better focused and organized with my content... how successful this project will be remains to be seen...


in any case, i've had the time of my life, with this phase of my life...

if you care to follow my journey, update your link accordingly...


--------------------

1 Comments:

  • At 10:49 p.m., Blogger CT said…

    Best of luck with the new blog. I've already got the feed bookmarked...awaiting the first post.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home