sliced bread #2

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

the "crisis" in the Mid-East

--------------------

I'm afraid I can't really offer an opinion either way. Being born in 1982, I'm simply one of the many who have been dropped in the middle of this long and bloody political story. Moreover, being an outsider to the narrative, it seems one couldn't escape charges of anti-Semitism or anti-Muslimism (is that a word?) should one offer an opinion one way or the other.

So I sit idly by and listen to the talking heads go back and forth. It's like tennis... with words and bombs. While I would like to think my interest in the issue has more of a philosophical and humanitarian underpinning, I can't help but think I'm just one of those effete "intellectuals".


Maybe I'm no better than "Ed".

At one level, I feel ashamed of myself. There's a war going on. People are getting killed. Missiles are falling on Haifa and Beirut and all I can think about is what time I'm getting off work and what I'm doing this weekend.

--------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home