sliced bread #2

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Goodbye TDCT

--------------------

I was going to use a subject line that would have been more clever ("Cashing Out One Last Time") or sentimental (like my standard "Parting is such sweet sorrow..." whenever I left a branch) but, in the end, something short and sweet was more apropos -- like this:

"It has come to our attention that while you are documented as a casual employee, you have not worked any hours within the last three (3) months. As we do not anticipate any possibility of work hours becoming available in the foreseeable future, we will be removing you from our Bank records, effective Oct. 31, 2005."

-- letter from GTAS Regional Office


And so, my friends, this is how my short but distinguished career at TD Canada Trust ends -- not with a bang, but a whimper. Of course, I've been insanely busy at school since I started, so the loss -- such as it is -- doesn't come as a surprise.

Still, there were a lot of good times that were had during the past 4 years, and for those I will always be grateful. Now I can look forward to paying regular service charges, waiting in line-ups, not having my CIF ETOT blocked out, and (crossing my fingers) maybe even getting the odd CSI call. But no worries, someday I'll be at the branch certifying a cheque from my law firm's trust account.

Or not.

For now I'll be joining the ranks of the TDearly departed.


--------------------

1 Comments:

  • At 3:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    time to CIF/MEMP/ENTER

     

Post a Comment

<< Home