sliced bread #2

Some look at things that are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

oh, see? eyes!

--------------------

We just found out this week about 1st-round on-campus interviews.

No need to get excited though.

I still would have to get an "official" 2nd round interview at the firm office.

And then I would have to get a call back after that.

This is what I'm up against (as explained by one of the firms):

"We typically receive about 800 applications for summer student positions. This year, we have decided to see a total of 180 students Canada-wide at OCIs. Of the 180 students we meet in October, we will invite between 60 and 70 students to the firm in November for a second interview. We usually hire 13 to 15 summer students."


I have no idea how this is going to go.

To say that I'm nervous doesn't even begin to tell the story. Between now and November, you'll understand why I'll be quite distracted. Please don't respond with "good luck" or "you'll be just fine." Not that I don't appreciate it, but I think I would just throw up from anxiety.

--------------------